Total Pageviews

Monday 14 March 2011

Useless News? It's all news.

I can't keep small talk up for very long,  It's a chore and it's boring and gets old fast.  If I get too newsy, I may accidentally get some political talk going and the fact that I am only familiar with the first few paragraphs of a story may show. I don't like to get bogged down in the nitty gritty details; it just allows my poor memory to expose itself and opens up the opportunity for me to therefore, embarrass myself.

Am I the only one that has found errors on Google Maps?  I took my kids to a beach last summer, and an entire highway link was missing. Which oddly, is not the reason we got lost; I found the highway link as a sign was posted that way to Wasaga Beach. No the problem was,  I missed a LABELLED road.  Albeit, a very small sign but labelled still.  Not fair right?

I have some basic food rules that I follow.  No chocolate before breakfast.  No keeping stale coffee breath.  What the heck happens to that eh?  No salad dressing with enough calories to count as dessert. Nobody says, "geez, I was going to have ice cream tonight, but dang, that salad has kept me filled up and happy."  I don't abide by nutrition people telling me, foods aren't "good" or "bad".  Yes they bloody well are.  When I'm standing there eating uncooked chocolate chip cookie dough at the kitchen counter out of giant bowl, I'm not telling myself it's just food. I know it's crap. I just don't eat too much of it.

I'm still working my way through a library book that I"ve renewed once. It's due this Saturday and that will mean I've had it for 6 weeks at that point. Does anyone find the internet is eating into their book reading?  How can people say they don't have time for reading.  Try getting through the first hour of your day without reading the weather/ sports/ news/ Dear So and So/ or whatever.  Exactly.  I have my TV on mute right now, and it's all can do to not keep looking up and reading the closed captioning. It fascinates me.  I can't NOT read it.  Movies with subtitles distract me as well. I'm afraid to look up and miss the next bar of writing. It's like they might mention my name...

No comments:

Post a Comment